Our client is looking for an Area Sales Manager to join their team. This role is responsible for selling, planning, organizing, and implementing all account management activities related to the sale and distribution of the company’s capital equipment in a given territory.
- Achieving sales quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for performing effective territory penetration, coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base.
- Providing training, presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques.
- Educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of the company’s products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer.
- Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service
- Perform lead generation activities, such as cold calling, market research, etc. Coordinate these activities with the inside sales team.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date account files.
- Preparing sales contracts, quotes, price, and terms per company guidelines.
- Completing administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans, weekly expense reports, up-to-date account profiles and the company’s computer customer database.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Regional Director of Sales and Practice Support Specialist on all matters related to the territory and area, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism.
- Manage day to day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Salesforce.com updates and data entry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or high from an accredited college or university
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling capital equipment is preferred. Consumable selling for direct capital equipment to plastic surgeon and dermatologist practices also preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service and support to ensure a high level of customer/patient satisfaction
- High level of accountability, reliability and extremely responsive.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physicians, management and/or large groups. Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Company products using professional selling and closing skills.
- Ability to use word processing and database applications, and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of organization with regard to schedule management and follow-up skills are required.
- Knowledge of FDA GMPs. Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs
- Home office capability is required with reliable high-speed internet access.
- Ability to travel up to 70% in order to adequately cover the region